Invest in Dubai and get a residency. Several options are on the table: employment, a business set-up or a property investment. We will cover the latter in our Dubai Property Investor Visa guide.
Dubai Property Investor Visa Types
A six-month multiple-entry visa is an interim solution for property investors, who seek to complete the procedures for the long-term residency. This service is provided by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA), and offers to enter the country for a six-month multi-entry period with the possibility of renewal for another six months.
A 3-year residency visa is available to investors when the property purchased value equals or exceeds AED 1 million; terms and conditions apply.
A 5-year long-term residency visa is available to investors when the property purchased value equals or exceeds AED 5 million; terms and conditions apply.
A 10-year long-term residency visa is applicable for foreign investments of at least AED 10 million in the country public sectors (investment funds, business company investments etc.) Importantly, that the real estate share should not exceed 40% of the total investments.
What are Dubai Property Investor Visa Rules?
- Residential and commercial properties are acceptable
- Only freehold and ready (handed-over) properties
- Properties should not be granted
- Applicants must own one or more properties with a total value of at least AED 1 million for the 3-year residency visa or at least AED 5 million for the 5-year visa
- Spouses can share one property (a marriage certificate is required)
- In a case of the property mortgage:
- the 3-year residency visa – 50% of the property value or at least AED 1 million to be paid to the bank
- the 5-year residency visa – not applicable, the property should be fully paid
- Properties should be retained for at least 3 years
- The visa doesn’t entitle you to work in the UAE
NEED HELP WITH DUBAI PROPERTY INVESTOR VISA?
Real Estate Experts
Fees & Documents
The property investor visa costs approximately AED 13,000 – 15,000; additional costs for the renewal and sponsoring spouses or dependents are AED 5,000 – 6,000 per person. It’s required to visit the country at least once a year in order to keep your residency status active.
Following documents are required:
- Title Deed copy of the property
- Passport copy of the applicant
- Current visa status/copy
- Personal photograph (size 6×4)
- Certificate of Good Conduct (from Dubai Police)
- Health Insurance
- KYC (Know Your Customer) supportive documentation: a personal bank statement and (or) utility bill
What are Dubai Property Investor Visa Benefits?
As a holder of the property investment visa, you are entitled to:
- Receive the Emirates Identification Card (Emirates ID)
- Apply for the UAE’s driving license
- Open a personal bank account
- Apply for the Tax Residency Certificate; terms and conditions apply
- Sponsor additional family members or dependents